Feng's Blog

die honorably for a reason or live humbly for one

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bostonian

I got New York State ID today.

On the way back to Time Square, I asked my friend if he wants a "NY" hat or a "I Love New York" T-shirt. He said no. I would say no too if someone else asks me this question?

New York is a city where I (live, eat, will work, etc.), but I don't think I will put this verb "love" in front of "New York". I might use "like" sometime under some circumstance, but that's just "like" in a very practical sense.

I am a Bostonian. Boston is the only city in the US deserves my using of "love". Whenever I think of Boston, or more exactly of Cambridge, I can sense the "quietness". Campus is the place I really feel comfortable living around. When I walked down the streets to Divinity School, to Lamont Library, to Harvard Yard, to Harvard Square, to Cambridge Common, I had the feeling of myself being "in" all of the places. However in New York, I am "out", now or forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home